April 10, 2011

I'm baaaacckk!

It's been one heck of a month that's for sure. I'm finally able to catch up on my blogging.

What's new? Hmm..Not much has changed. It's insanely nice out here though. Weather has been in the high 60's since a couple weeks ago which is fabulous! I have one month of school left, and no more cramming! That's the good news of the month.

This past week I went to Bloomingdale's to get some new makeup. I normally don't wear any foundation, but my cousin (wedding day makeup artist) had suggested I get some actual foundation that wasn't cover girl. My $7 staple is no more. So after class one day I decided to take the at most 30 minute trip to the mall to get this taken care of. Spoiler alert: It took three hours.

I walk in, bee-line to Clinique because I heard it was the most natural and light looking. I immediately get a little bit apprehensive because a "thinks her makeup makes her look 10 years younger but it really makes her look older" blonde dinosaur decided I would be her target for the day. Judging by the fact that her makeup made her look about 70...I didn't really have much confidence.

I told her I had no idea what I was doing, so she started trying different colors of makeup. I thought one of them looked alright, so I bought it. Go outside, look in the mirror in my car....OH DEAR GOD. I looked like an oompa loompa in natural light. Once again, I bee-line to clinique, but this time I told her I looked like a spray tan victim, and she decides to try another color. This time she learns, tells me to go outside and take a look, and then make the decision based on natural lighting. Still looked horrid. My face was three shades darker orange than my pale white neck. No go. She tries another one, I think it's the best we're going to get, so I buy it and leave. As I'm driving home I ask the boy (he was with me the whole time, but shopping elsewhere in the mall) does my neck look the same as my cheek. Nope. Okay, now I was getting frustrated. I flip around, and we're now headed back to the mall.

This time I decided to stay away from Bloomingdale's, and we go into Macy's instead. My walk was considerably slowed, and I didn't bee-line anywhere, I just kind of wandered around until someone decided to fix my skin.

In comes Terry. Ohhhh magical Terry. She was from Estee Lauder. I told her my story, and she sits me down to work her magic. Within the first minute she got my orange skin color removed, moisturized my face (had no idea I had dry skin until I felt what moisturized skin was like), and found the perfect shade of pale. The best part was that before I even had to mention the natural light issue, she told me to go take a look by the window. She also used a foundation that wasn't really a foundation at all which I loved. I hate cake-y makeup.

Oh, did I mention that Ms. Clinique dinosaur was a bit uncontrolled with her makeup brush? Oh, well she flung it all over my face like a crazy person. I swear she thought she was Rembrandt or something.

Anyways, two days later I wake up with this.....
Viral Conjunctivitis. This my friend is not pink eye, it's worse. Pink eye is bacterial conjunctivitis. I have viral, and viral means it lasts two weeks. I'm contagious for two weeks. It also randomly feels like someone is pinching my cornea with their fingernails which feels just dandy. Let's just say it's a good thing I'm in optometry school. All of my eye care is comped.

Moral of the story, let Terry from Estee Lauder do your makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment