April 16, 2011

75%

This week has been an interesting one.

It started out with a trip to the local mechanic because I heard a suspicious thumping sound coming from my front left tire area. Usually my car problems are not at all what you would call, quick fixes. I've had my new car for about a year and a half now, and so far so good, but I was just waiting for the one repair that would break this little girls piggy bank.

When I brought the car in, the mechanic took it for a drive. He comes back and informs me that there are two screws in my front left tire. Nope, not just one....two. That explains the tapping noise. I leave it there to get fixed, and he calls about an hour later telling me that 1.) the two left tires were put on backwards....(don't ask me how my previous mechanic managed that one) and 2.) the back left tire also had screws in it. The good thing was that they repaired my current tires. It was repaired within the hour, and I was off with a tiny dent in my piggy bank. I was happy :)

Thursday as I was walking out to my car to go to my two mandatory classes that day, I notice that my car looks tilted. In my head I'm thinking, 'Another flat?', but since I just had two tires repaired, I assumed it was just some optical illusion. Wrong.

You heard me right. Another flat. And on a completely different tire. Back right one this time.
I had a friend from school swing around and pick me up so I wouldn't miss class, and the boy was just getting home from school. He was amazing. He took the flat tire off (which from what he says was quite the workout. Read: it was rusted on, and he had to donkey kick it off), put on my donut tire, and drove it to the mechanics to get it fixed. This tire also had screws in it, and I needed to buy a new tire this time. Shucks, I thought I was done paying for tire repairs. There goes my happy piggy bank.

In the words of the mechanic, "You aren't the unluckiest person I've ever seen, but you're close." Oh good.

Three out of four. 75% of my tires had screws in them. I thought someone had to be doing this to me. I started getting paranoid.

What did I run over? A construction site? Nail gun? What did I do to this mean person stabbing screws in my tires? Do I have an arch enemy in Philly that I don't know about yet?

You guessed it, it was none of the above.

The security guard at school eased my fears. Some smarty-pants contractor dumped a box of screws in one of the only entrances to my school, and he failed to clean them up. I guess over 50 people have had screws in their tires. Some even had screws in all four.

The worst part is that we can't get compensation from anyone for this since it's unknown who didn't clean up their mess.

In happier news, remember that dodge ball game I mentioned a bit earlier. Well that game was today, and my team won the entire tournament!

No comments:

Post a Comment