January 17, 2011

WINTER

Most people can't say that winter is their favorite season, but I have come to ♥ it. Mostly
because I took up snowboarding three years ago, and fell in love with it.

This past weekend about 20 friends from school and I went on our first Class of 2014 Ski/Board trip. We went to the Poconos mountain range, and I was so pumped to finally see and board down real mountains!

This is what I was dreaming about. These are mountains.

This however, was what the reality of the Poconos Mountains really are.
Beautiful, yes. Breathtaking...no. 12,000 feet of fresh powder...no.

Regardless of the reality of what Pennsylvania considers to be "mountains", I couldn't have been more excited to finally get some boarding time in this winter.

We went to Blue Mountain Resort. It was a blast. The trails were 100% better than the trails in Wisconsin, and despite the fact that the "mountain" was similar to the bluff sizes in Wisconsin, each trail seemed to last quite a bit longer.

I couldn't have asked for a better day, and even though some bro rammed into me while he was trying to get some sick air off of a little cream puff of snow; it was still a ton of fun. I agree that we need to take advantage of our spring break, and go back.

Photos thanks to Baby Tiggah a.k.a. Vitto

{Source}
1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment