May 5, 2012

Spring sprint

It's been a long spring, but it's been flying by.  Ever since I returned to the east coast, I've been studying non-stop, seeing patients non-stop, and trying to find a little time to myself.  I have a break in six days, and I cannot wait.  It has been far too long since I've had to think about nothing.

This finals sesh is by far the absolute worst I've ever experienced in my 20 years of school.  2.5 weeks of h-e-double-hockey-sticks.  In that amount of time I'll have taken seven finals.  That on top of seeing patients.  Just thinking about it is making my palms sweat, but thankfully I'm almost done.  I told one of my friends the other day that my brain was full.  It's a shame really.  I feel like every exam I walk into my brain unloads, and then I go home to fill it up with more knowledge that I unload the next day.  All semester I've felt like I really understood the material for exams.  Obviously new stuff has been taught for finals, but that is added onto the cumulative stuff we've learned already.  I can barely remember the new material because we have so much to study in such a short amount of time.  I can't wait until I never have to study again.  This semester has made me realize that I really don't want to be a forever student.

I have been able to find some free time throughout the mess of school, surprisingly.  Here's what I've been doing when I'm not cramming my face in highlighters, powerpoints, and notes.
{R-L, up-down}
Went to Washington D.C. Saw the Whitehouse.
WWII Memorial
Cherry blossoms!
Jefferson Memorial
Capitol
Baked lemon zest cookies, recipe on the blog.
It's been beautiful here lately.
Obligatory picture of Lily.
My plants are growing! I might actually have a green thumb!
Study mess.

 Obligatory picture of Tipsy.
Campus is gorgeous these days.
I finally got my 26.2 sticker.  Three years later.
Baked some more. Banana Nutella muffins, recipe on the blog.
Broad Street Run. Running that tomorrow! Nation's largest 10 miler.

I'll see you all on the flip side (of finals)!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment