October 4, 2011

sun-DAY at the museum.

This past weekend I went to the art museum with some friends.  You might be wondering why we went on the first Sunday of the month, well the first Sunday of every month is free, cha-ching!  Surprisingly this was the first time I've actually entered the building.  I've run up the steps before and posed a thousand times by Rocky, obviously.  I think posing by the Rockster is required once you enter the city. 

Anywho, Sunday was the first real fall day here on the East, and I was not prepared at all.  I decided I was from Wisconsin, so I was tough enough to not wear a jacket (mistake).  Thankfully the museum had wonderful climate control.  We saw Renoir, Picasso, Eakins, Monet, and Van Gogh, just to name a few of the big dogs.  It was pretty chill, and we very much needed relaxation. 

We ended the trip with brunch at this lovely little place called Sabrina's.  One word: Stuffed french toast.  It was basically two huge pieces of french toast with cheesecake in the middle.  Mmmmm....delectable.  I still feel full.  Overall, a good Sunday with the girls!  Here are some photographs of the day.  Enjoy!
 
1. Art Museum pillars 2. First Fall Sunrise. 3. Fountain 4. Eakin's Gross Clinic painting 5.  Us planking on the art museum statues 6. Art museum 7. The four of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment