June 30, 2011

T-minus 8 days!

That's right folks! Eight days and we'll be hitched! I cannot wait!

This summer has gone pretty fast, but I've made a point of enjoying the time I've had off. I think I've been pretty successful with that. I run almost everyday, and I really enjoy the scenery here. I think it's beautiful, especially with the sun hitting the tops of the hills in the early morning. I've also taken time to catch up with some movies I've been meaning to watch. I've hung out with a couple friends that are still in town. I take naps with my lil' kitty girls. The boy and I hang out, stress-free from school. Oh, and you'll all never believe this...I've started cooking. I figured, "Hey, I have all of this extra time....might as well learn to cook!"
The start of Thai Chicken Stirfry

I started with a Thai chicken stir-fry. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of the finished product, but golly! was it delish! The boy even liked it. I put pea pods in it as well, and they were super fresh and sweet! I made the sauce from scratch too. I know those are words you probably never thought I'd speak. Let's say it one more time for good measure, from scratch.
Coconut Crusted Chicken Strips


The next thing I made was Coconut crusted chicken strips with a homemade pineapple-mango salsa. I know! Sounds tasty, and it was tasty.

Peach Turnovers
And lastly (so far) I made Peach Turnovers. I never thought I was a baker...mostly because the last time I made cupcakes, I almost forgot the eggs. {READ: Almost, as in, I didn't, but I didn't notice I forgot them...so if there wasn't someone else watching me, they would have been a flop.} But these were surprisingly easy, and they were ohmygosh heavenly!!!!!!!!! I even made icing from scratch, and because I love sugar, I added more powdered sugar than required, and it made it even better! The boy even loved them :) I'll admit it, I was licking the icing from the bowl.

I'm cooking again today for Momma. I've gotta figure out what I want to make, but I'm hoping to use a lot of fresh veggies, because they are so good, and good for you! I'll keep you all updated.

In unrelated news, the boy and I celebrated our bachelor(ette) parties these past few weeks. The boy went up to MN to his Aunt and Uncle's lovely lakeside house. I was seriously jealous. It sounded like they had tons of fun, but I don't know how much fun because they all say, "what happened at the bachelor party, stays at the bachelor party" ;) Ohhh boys..

I can't wait for the wedding, and I can't wait to finally show my dress, shoes, accessories, hair, everything! It's been way too long to keep these secrets from everyone, including the boy. (His suit looks fabulous, by the way.) Every time someone mentions my dress, I cut them off mid-sentence because I don't want them letting something slip accidentally...{You all know who you are... ;) }

It's also been way too long since I've seen some of our family, and I'm ecstatic that most can make it! It will be such a great day/night. We are so very excited.

I will try to write one last time before I'm a Mrs.!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment