February 19, 2011

Meet...

Tipsy.
Yes, I know we said we weren't going to get another cat, and yes, I know I'm going to get two phone calls whenever two certain people see this post {you know who you are}, but that doesn't change the fact that we still desperately wanted a playmate for Lily cat.

I had accepted the fact that Lily was to be an only child, until.....the boy said "I want a cat."

"Ohhhhh realllllyyy!?!!! OKAY!"

That's pretty much all it took. The fact that it was no longer my idea made it so much more of a good idea! So that is how it started. I am hard to convince, I know.

We went to a PetSmart adoption weekend, and fell in love with this little fur ball known as Tipsy, and here we are.

So far she likes to sit on the window sill, play with her collar (instead of actually leaving it on), and roam around the room. We are taking the steps to introduce the two girls the proper way, so they haven't formally met yet, except for a couple hisses. Right now they are stationed in separate rooms.

And for the record, her name is Tipsy because she has a white tip on her tail. Not because she is well...tipsy :)

The woman that helped us through the process was so thankful that Tipsy found a good home. It really makes it all worth it when you hear how sincerely grateful the volunteers and coordinators are that you are saving one of their cats lives. I know they say cats have nine lives, but cats here in Philadelphia have only three days.

Remember always, ADOPT!

No comments:

Post a Comment