July 15, 2012

June

June, oh June.  

It was probably the hottest month I've ever experienced here on the east coast.  It consisted of me running a lot, mixed with sweating even more, mixed with rehydrating less than necessary.  I was basically dehydrated the entire month.  Hah, it's funny now, but it wasn't then.  I woke up thirsty, spent the day thirsty, and went to sleep thirsty.  No matter how much water I drank, I could just never catch up!  I lost 3-4 lbs each run on average, and that's just because even if I woke up at the crack of dawn to run, it was still 92 degrees with 100% humidity.  I learned to go on a run, and immediately jump into the pool when I got home.  That was fun.  Cooled me off quick, and sometimes I would even get some swimming in for extra exercise.
It's still hot, but I'm learning to drink eight glasses of water a day.  Dehydration headaches are not fun!  

One good thing about all of the running is that the runs have gotten longer and smoother.  My speed is increasing tremendously, and it's just because of the mileage I'm getting in each week.  So far it's between 30-40 miles per week. The scenery around here is pretty breathtaking as well.  I've taken a couple pictures of my running path that I've included in the wrap-up collage. 

Chia, remember that? Well, I've been eating it and/or drinking it consistently since I started using it.  I really notice a difference in my energy level, and it is suuuuppppeerrr good in my oatmeal. 

Between studying and studying I realized I needed some kind of artistic outlet, so I decided my nails would be it.  I did an ombre glitter polish.  Turned out pretty fancy, but was a super pain to remove.  Anything for beauty, am I right? *cue cheesy smile now*

Summer school is rough.  It's even rougher because it's mandatory and you have to actively participate.  I've been stabbed in the eye, poked with a metal thing, and had a needle stuck into my tear duct while releasing saline through my nose into my mouth.  It tasted wonderful....not.  I'm pretty much over summer school right now, but I'm still truckin' along.  The only good thing about going to school in the summer is 1.) the drive (yes I know I shouldn't be taking pictures while driving), and 2.) seeing the little baby ducklings in our pond!  I love them soooo much.

A new fro-yo place opened up nearby.  Anyone who knows me knows that when I moved out here, I fell in love with frozen yogurt.  The fact is, I love fro-yo, but I hate the pricing.  You think $0.25 per oz is cheap, until you end up spending $11.00 on a bowl once you weigh it.  Whoops...haven't been back since.  It's probably a good thing.

I got Mike tickets for the Childish Gambino concert, and of course it basically tornadoed on our walk to the outdoor concert.  We were huddled under a flimsy umbrella for about 10 minutes in hurricane force winds, rain, and lightning.  It was just like in the movies, except way less glamorous.  I bet you can't guess what we did when we found out the concert was cancelled!!!  Obviously got fro-yo. *it wasn't from the same $11 place*

I tend to really get some great pictures of the surrounding area on my phone while I run.
The baby geese are one of the most amazing things I've seen on my runs.  I've been running past them for months now, and they are not babies anymore!  It was so cool to see them grow, and they are now ready to fly away.
I also live by a castle, so one day the clouds were aligned, and I got this perfect shot.
Oh, and obligatory Tip Tip when I get home.  See!  It's so hot even she has to cool off on the tile!


1 comment: