May 31, 2012

Memorial Day wrap-up

This memorial day we took a little trip to Chaddsford Winery with some friends, and it was fabulous!  Those who know me, know that I can't really stomach wine.  However, everyone wanted to do the wine tasting, so I caved.  It actually helped me realize I can't stand red wine (I think it tastes like cheese, and smells like it!).  It also proved to me that I do like some wines.  More specifically, if it has a ton of sugar in it, I'll drink it.  My favorites were the sangria slushies because it was a crazy hot day, and they were like a little slice of cold, sugar heaven for me.  There was barbeque food and a cute little band there as well.  Really great place too.  The actual wine was made in a super old country barn.  The area around the winery and the drive there reminded me of Wisconsin.  Including the little antique mall next door!

We also found time to play some board games that we got as wedding gifts.  It was all fun until Lily jumped on the board and ruined it. Guess that's what we get for trying to play on the floor!

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day, and remembered why we get one!

-xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    Nice blog. We love it.
    We’ve been taking note of your style and we've come to be wonderfully addicted to it.
    We'd like to invite you as our 1st group of fashionista to join WhatIWear in a conquest to inspire the world,changing one wardrobe at a time.

    Click HERE to become a member - www.whatiwear.com
    Or check our blog at blog.whatiwear.com

    --
    Here are some members who have already joined us.
    Anastasia Siantar - brownplatform.com
    Andree Judd - avantgardien.tumblr.com
    Willabell Ong - paledivision.blogspot.com
    Marie Hamm - themavenpost.blogpost.com
    Paris & London - themadtwins.blogspot.com
    Alyssa Lau - theordinarypeoples.blogspot.com
    Nadine Drexler - whengreengrasswasyellowonpictures.com
    White Lace - whitelace.ro
    Becka Häggblom - sunshineinnorth.blogspot.com
    Michalina Z - stook-pook.blogspot.com
    Jessica C - westmountfashionista.com
    Claradevi Handriatmadja - luce-dale.com

    ReplyDelete