August 3, 2011

back to the grind

Welcome back.

We made it back to the East Coast, and it was the longest drive ever.  It's usually a two day trip, but due to some unexpected car problems, we didn't leave until Saturday.  I started school on Monday.  Therefore we had to muscle through a nonstop drive. Good news was the kitties fared quite well.  We had two kennels in the back for them, and they decided to only share one. It was surprising to say the least.  They went from hissing over a catnip hedgehog, to cuddling together in the tiniest kennel ever made. Tipsy now has a catnip mouse to keep them from fighting over the hedgehog, fyi.

School is rough, as always, and I had a hard time getting back into it. [It probably had something to do with the fact that I maybe got six hours of sleep in the two days before school started.] I think I'm back to normal though.  Optics summer final is Friday.  Yippee.

Hubs has been working hard...sort of.  He doesn't start school for over a month. [Super jealous.] However, he's taken on a new role.  Chef.  I know I was supposed to be taking this role sooner or later, but I think it suits him well.  He's been really into watching food shows all day, and we really like MasterChef on Fox. If you asked me, I think he's getting inspired by Gordon Ramsay ;), but he'll deny it. The menu this week has consisted of Eggplant Parmigiana, Thai Pork Wraps, Zesty Turkey Stir-fry, and Portobello and Spinach Pasta. I'm really impressed with his food knowledge and skills, however, I did have to help him once. So I think that gives me half of the credit...I think.

I also got to indulge in my absolute favorite food in the history of my world.  Indian food. I got some Navrattan Korma (veggie curry dish), gulab jamun (type of donut hole soaked in buttery honey), and naan (indian bread), and then I died and went to heaven...well my stomach did at least.  It's so tasty!

I obviously really enjoy studying.
I also cut my hair.  Yep, you heard that right, I cut my own hair.  Probably won't ever cut this much off again, but it was fun.  Minus the tiny daggers of hair hiding in the bathroom that traumatized me for the following days. 

Hubs and I are honeymooning in August, so get excited for that post.  We're going to Maine!  However, after watching shark week last night, I'm rethinking our sea kayaking experience.





Navrattan Korma. love love love.



Lil being adorbs.
                          
Tip.


Eggplant Parmigiana.




Thai Pork Wrap.

Thai Pork Wrap.


{Credit: Me.}

No comments:

Post a Comment