February 2, 2011

Tasty sparkle

The other day the boy and I went to Bredenbeck's Bakery in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia. This is my favorite bakery in Philly so far. They are very reasonably priced, and they have the best cupcakes. We got two chocolate cupcakes, a vanilla creme cupcake, mocha cupcake, canoli, and Mr. snowman cupcake. They also make amazing pound cake. Incredible.
Mr. Snowman was my favorite. Not only was he cute, but he was covered in icing and frosting. And his head was a gigantic dollop of buttercream frosting. yum. I love sugar. As you know, so I figured this would be the perfect dessert. However, all of the sugar was bit much. I couldn't finish his hat because it was too sweet. Who would've thought.

Speaking of sugar. We had a full health work up done in our organ lab today, and I don't have diabetes. Shocking, I know. I actually had no idea I needed to fast until about 10am, and by then I was starving (Cheerios for breakfast, makes for a bad fasting day). Another classmate enlightened me, and once I knew I couldn't eat until after our lab (Read: 5pm), the only thing I could focus on was eating.

By the time I got my blood taken, my blood glucose levels were at a hypoglycemic level. Oh, good.

Our lab doctor asked me if I had eaten. .....No...you told me to fast. Nevertheless, I lasted until I made it home. I have decided to try and cut down on the sweets. I'll keep you updated as to how successful this actually is. A few other interesting morsels from the lab: I have bradycardia (which I've known about for a long time, and it's because I run so much....{flex} strong heart), and I have super low LDL and super high HDL. Yay for health.

I also got a super amazing, incredible, awesome email the other day. It was regarding something I entered into a contest for, and somehow, I won! It involves the wedding, and it's pretty much my new favorite thing. I took a picture of a part of it. This accounts for the sparkle in the title.
Exam on Monday means I should probably stop being distracted by sparkly things.




2 comments: